Emergent Pet Care
Our animal hospital is well-equipped to handle pet emergencies with the same care and compassion we provide all of our animal patients.
Emergency Services at Stone House
The highly-trained veterinarians and staff at Stone House Animal Hospital are available to treat pets who are suffering from life-threatening trauma and disease. Stone House Animal Hospital is available for transfers from your primary care veterinarian as well as for walk-in urgent care needs and emergencies. Stone House Animal Hospital is equipped with continuous cardiac telemetry, pulse oximetry, blood pressure, in-house laboratory, digital radiographs (x-rays), and ultrasound. For pets that need oxygen supplementation, we have ICU units that provide an oxygen-enriched and humidity-controlled environment. Advanced techniques such as blood component therapy, endoscopy, and rhinoscopy are also available.
How do I know if my pet should be seen?
- Choking, difficulty breathing, or nonstop coughing or gagging
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn’t stop within 5 minutes
- Hit by car
- Bite wounds
- Seizure activity
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea
- Inability to urinate or defecate (poop)
- Bloated abdomen or dry heaving
- Eye injuries
- Overheating or heat stroke
- Toxin ingestion
- Allergic reaction (facial swelling, hives)
- Lameness or not walking
- Trouble giving birth